PostgresML provides microsecond inference with the world's most capable feature store. It allows you to easily train and deploy online models using only SQL. We're looking for a experienced Full Stack Engineers (Staff+) to help shape the core product, inside and out. This is an IC role, but will be critical in building the future team as well as the core product, while leading efforts toward more efficient and effective Machine Learning workflows for our customers.
Reach out if you want to:
- Build infrastructure as a service with a web app implemented in Rust
- Work with a small team to implement a fast, modern and efficient web front end with client and server side components
- Implement advanced visualizations using D3, WASM, SVG and CSS to provide insight into complex data sets and models
- Build end-to-end ML applications with the support of a Data Scientist on the platform
We're a Seed stage startup with experienced software engineers and designers who specialize broadly across the skillsets required to build machine learning infrastructure. We use Rust to operate within Postgres for memory efficiency and performance at scale with standard supervised learning libraries, such as Torch, Tensorflow and XGBoost, to build a hosted, horizontally scalable platform on top of Postgres.
We bias toward action and course correct based on feedback. We're not afraid of failure, we're always learning. We enjoy working on big problems with a pragmatic approach, participating in the broader open source community.
- 5+ years of professional programming experience including vanilla HTML/JS/CSS in a browser. Experience with multiple languages (e.g. Typescript, Dart, Swift, Kotlin, Rust), runtime environments (web, mobile, desktop), and frameworks (React, Angular, Vue) preferred.
- Experience creating and maintaining front end infrastructure and tooling such as build pipelines
- Keen attention to detail and able to work with a designer to iterate toward responsive and scalable designs
- Interest in machine learning, statistics and algorithms for dealing with large datasets.
We take care of our team and care about your well being.
- Remote-first, work from anywhere in the United States
- We cover the max allowable (99%) health, dental and vision premiums for platinum tier insurance plans
- $5k/year hardware budget, $500/month home office reimbursement as well as conference, learning and development stipend
- If you live in the Bay Area, we hike and hang out every Wednesday. We prefer that to Zoom, so we’ll offer you a relocation package if you’re interested in the beautiful weather.
- Unlimited PTO, and we strongly encourage you to use it to stay healthy and happy. It's typical for employees to take 3-4 weeks per year, in addition to holidays.
You must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join our Discord and ask us anything! We're friendly and would love to talk about PostgresML and PgCat.
Try It Out
Try PostresML using our free serverless cloud. It comes with GPUs, 5 GiB of space and plenty of datasets to get you started.